This course gives agents a strong understanding of what it takes to process a mortgage, what happens behind the scenes that brokers and borrowers do not see, and how the decision to issue the mortgage is made. It looks at the borrower's first contact/application with a loan officer, the steps that a lender takes to process the loan, and what the mortgage requires to be completed and go to closing. With this education brokers will be better able to assist their clients as the lender processes the mortgage.
3 Hours Elective CE Credit
Objective 1: Knowledge To identify and define:
- The different roles of mortgage brokers, mortgage bankers and retail banks in the mortgage process.
- The functions of and differences between the primary mortgage market and the secondary mortgage market.
- What information is required in order to create and process a mortgage.
- The various types of loan programs available.
- Why a particular loan program would be more suitable for different borrowers.
- How the loan is processed once the application is submitted.
- What is needed to close a mortgage.
- Who is involved in the closing of the mortgage and what their duties are.
Objective 2: Comprehension and Analysis
- To aid the student in being able to explain and distinguish:
- The individuals and markets involved in the mortgage process, their functions, benefits and disadvantages.
- The criteria on which a borrower is evaluated.
- How a borrower would be placed into a particular mortgage.
- The different types of mortgages available.
- The terms of different mortgage types.
- The duties and obligations of those involved in processing and closing the mortgage.
Objective 3: Application and Evaluation
- To prepare the student to be able to interpret and evaluate with a client:
- The characteristics and benefits of the client working with a mortgage broker, mortgage banker or a retail banker.
- Which lender might be more suitable and beneficial for the client.
- Discuss the materials necessary for a loan origination and analyze how they are used.
- How the various mortgage programs apply to the borrowers’ needs.
- What is involved in closing the loan.
- Any questions the client might have in trying to understand what is happening as the mortgage progresses from creation to closing.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Online_Behind the Scenes_Trascript - 564.003037
By signing up for a course provided or offered by the Chicago Association of REALTORS® or any of its officers, employees, partners, agents, affiliates, or independent contractors (collectively, “Association”), you accept and agree to abide by the following terms, conditions, and disclaimers as well as the Chicago Association of REALTORS®’ Policy Manual and all other policies, terms, and conditions of the Association (collectively, “Policies”), which Policies may be amended from time to time:
1. You agree to act and dress in a professional manner at all times while participating in a course. This includes when participating in online courses. You agree not to disrupt any courses, the Association, its instructors, or other students. To avoid disruption, you agree to be on time to all courses unless you have notified the instructor in advance. The Association may remove you from the course at any time, if, in the sole discretion of the Association, you violate any of the Policies; are disruptive to the course, the Association, its instructors, or other students.
2. You may not record or photograph any course without the prior written permission of the Association.
3. You agree that when participating in an in-person course or on Association property that you will follow all health requirements and directives from the Association. You also agree not to come to an in-person class if you have or suspect that you may have a contagious illness.
4. You give permission to the Association to record and take photographs of you during your participation in all courses, to use the recordings and photographs for Association promotional materials, and to replay and share any videos or Zoom recordings of the courses.
5. The payment of any fees for a course is due prior to commencement of a course unless otherwise provided by the Association. The Association has the right to deny you entrance to a course in the event that you have not paid for the course in full prior to the commencement of the course. The eligibility for any refunds shall be governed by the terms of the Association’s Policy Manual. Registration for a course is not transferable.
6. You acknowledge and agree that the Association may share information about your participation and attendance at a course, as well as the results of any examinations conducted as part of a course, with your managing broker and any others as deemed reasonably necessary by the Association.
7. While the Association will try to avoid doing so, the Association reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a course as the Association deems necessary or prudent for any reason, including if an insufficient number of students enroll in a course. In the event that the Association cancels or reschedules a course, you may be entitled to a refund in accordance with the Association’s refund policies.
8. The course materials are the intellectual property of the Association and are subject to copyright. Unauthorized use or distribution of course materials may violate applicable copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property laws. You may not reproduce, republished, distributed, sell, or transfer the course materials without the express advanced written permission of the Association. The Association provides the course materials solely for informational purposes only.
9. The Association will endeavor to provide you an excellent, professional, and positive education experience. However, the Association provides the courses and course materials “as-is” and makes no warranties of any kind with regard to the courses, instructors and quality of instruction, or course materials, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise. The Association does not guarantee, for example, that you will pass any exams for licensure by taking Association courses.
10. You agree to indemnify, hold harmless and, at the Association’s option, defend the Association, its affiliates, and their respective officers, employees, attorneys, and agents to the fullest extent of the law from any and all damage, costs, loss, risk, liability, and expense (including attorneys’ fees and costs) from claims that may be asserted at any time against any of those parties in connection with your participation in the Association’s courses, use of the course materials, or violation of the Association’s Policies; provided, however, that this indemnity does not, and will not, apply to the sole negligence on the part of the Association. YOU ALSO HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS TO (I) MONETARY DAMAGES THAT ARE IN EXCESS OF THE FEES PAID BY YOU TO THE ASSOCIATION FOR THE COURSE AT ISSUE AND (II) INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AGAINST THE ASSOCIATION.
11. The Polices and your agreement to abide by them shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois without regard to conflict of law principles, and in the event that you bring any claims against the Association, you shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois.
12. If any term, condition, or provision of these terms and conditions or other Policies is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, void, or unenforceable, you agree the remainder of these terms and conditions and other Policies shall remain in effect.
Your cart is empty